World-class service keeping residents moving on TTC7/17/15 6:00 AM
With the 2015 Pan Am Games now in full swing, the TTC is right in the thick of the action.
We have increased service on routes serving Games venues to make sure that we get everyone to their chosen event on time, including opening the subway at 6 a.m. on each of the Sundays of the Games. We have also deployed response teams strategically throughout the system to intervene at the first hint of problems. The TTC also undertook proactive maintenance of track and other key assets prior to the Games to ensure there was no need for planned closures while the Games were on.
All TTC employees have delayed their summer vacation in order to provide this extra service and, in addition, a team of over 1,600 staff from across every TTC department is working at key locations to provide visitors and Torontonians with friendly help and directions, day and night.
We see this as just part of our efforts to make TTC service pleasant and welcoming – in addition to our core job of getting you from A to B. A huge amount of work is going on within the company to create a culture where everyone recognizes the importance of providing world-class customer service, and where employees receive the training, tools and support to do just that.
As CEO, I am lucky to be pushing at an open door. The vast majority of our employees are very proud of what they do and so they naturally offer great service. The 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games are a great opportunity for us to showcase those skills to the world and to demonstrate the changes that are underway to really improve your transit service going forward.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017