An exciting year ahead at the TTC1/9/15 6:00 AM
Happy New Year from of all of us at the TTC!
There is always a lot happening at the TTC in an effort to continuously improve and to make your transit system truly great. We are now in the third year of our Five-Year Corporate Plan to modernize all aspects of the TTC and to create a customer-led organization that makes Toronto proud.
We will shortly unveil our 2015 Customer Charter. In 2014, we delivered 38 of our 39 promises, only missing out on the commitment to convert the 510 Spadina route to all-new streetcar operation, due in large part to a strike at Bombardier’s Thunder Bay plant.
Later this spring, we will complete the modernization of Union Station, followed by the opening of our new streetcar maintenance and storage facility – Leslie Barns – in the early summer.
In July, the TTC will rise to the challenge of delivering a reliable and welcoming transit experience to tens of thousands of spectators to the Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, while continuing to provide service to our regular 1.8 million daily riders.
In addition to these specific projects, we will continue to roll out new streetcars as they are delivered and we will progressively convert all streetcar routes to all-door boarding. Working with Metrolinx, we will push on with the roll-out of the PRESTO smartcard in subway stations and on buses and streetcars. We have flagged to Metrolinx our desire to speed up PRESTO implementation on the TTC and we will work together to achieve this.
Finally, we will continue to relentlessly chase down and eliminate the root causes of delays on all our services and to improve the quality of your ride. This will be achieved by targeted service improvements and by continuing our work to create a truly customer-focused organization.
We look forward to being of service to you again throughout 2015.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017