2016 will further TTC modernization12/18/15 6:00 AM
Next year will see further improvements made to your transit service as we push on with our top-to-bottom modernization of the TTC.
Earlier this week, we announced that customers may now use their PRESTO smart card on all streetcars. By the end of 2016, we will complete the system-wide roll out of this convenient way to pay, adding it to our bus and Wheel-Trans fleets, and to those SRT and subway stations not already equipped.
As well, throughout 2016, more low-floor, accessible, air-conditioned streetcars will enter service. We will also complete construction of the six new stations on the subway extension to York Region, and get ready for systems and signal installation to go into full swing, ahead of line opening at the end of 2017.
Work will continue on the re-signalling of Line 1 to improve service reliability, and more subway stations will be made accessible with elevators.
We will also, of course, maintain our focus on providing safe, reliable and courteous service, day in and day out, as that is our core business and the reason we are here.
On behalf of the 14,000 men and women of the TTC, thank you for riding our service this year. Here’s wishing you and your families a very Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a great 2016. We’ll see you back here on Jan. 8.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017