A very good year on your TTC12/11/15 6:00 AM
We have almost reached the end of another very busy year at the TTC, one which has seen steady progress towards our vision of a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Our customer satisfaction score is at a record level, achieved on the back of a flawless Pan Am and Parapan Am Games transit plan in the summer and an ongoing, relentless focus on improving all aspects of our service.
Punctuality has improved on all four subway lines, cleanliness of the system has been improved and we have delivered a substantial decrease in the number of short turns on our bus and streetcar routes. The year also saw the biggest expansion of service in recent years, as we progressively restored routes that were cut in previous years and added service to cope with ever-growing ridership.
We completed the modernization and enlargement of Union Station in time for the Pan Am Games, just as we promised. Roll out of the new PRESTO smartcard has reached 26 subway stations, and by the end of this year, you will be able to use PRESTO across the entire streetcar network. We will also expand the proof-of-payment (POP) system to all streetcar routes starting this Monday (Dec. 14), meaning that you may board any door, provided that you hold POP.
Good progress has been made on many other key initiatives. We continue to steadily upgrade the signaling system on Line 1, construction of the subway extension into York Region continues apace, and new streetcars have begun to operate out of their new carhouse, the Leslie Barns.
Finally, we are continuing our drive to transform the culture of the TTC into one that is truly customer-led. Customers tell me they have noticed a positive difference in the service they receive and this is down to the many dedicated and professional people at the TTC that set out to serve you, day in and day out.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017