TTC ready for Parapan Games – and beyond8/7/15 6:00 AM
Today sees the start of the Parapan Games and the TTC is once again ready for the challenge.
After a very successful Pan Am Games period, we are 100-per-cent focused on getting visitors and Torontonians to the Parapan events that take place over the next eight days. Our 1,600-strong team of TTC staff ambassadors will be out and about, providing customer information and a warm welcome to visitors. And this Sunday, we will once again open the subway early, starting at 6 a.m.
The Pan Am and Parapan Am Games have provided the TTC with the opportunity to showcase our core business – delivery of quality service to 1.8 million customers a day. While extra resources have been deployed to ensure everything runs smoothly, the real challenge is to replicate that success every day for our daily riders against a backdrop of limited funding, rising ridership and aging infrastructure.
Our Five-Year Corporate Plan does just that. We are working very hard to update everything we do, including introduction of new vehicles, replacement and enhanced maintenance of critical infrastructure, an overhaul of our processes and systems, and an all-out push to make you feel valued as a customer, based on a refreshed, revitalized corporate culture.
Over the coming weeks, we will introduce further route enhancements to reduce crowding levels and provide increased frequency of service at night, in the off-peak and on our busiest routes. We are able to do this because of the additional funding that we secured in this year’s budget, the result of a successful campaign for transit funding over the past three years.
With more service coming on stream, better management and attention to detail, and a rejuvenated, customer-led culture, the TTC is well-placed for the Parapan Am Games and beyond.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017