TTC forges ahead8/21/15 6:00 AM
With Pan Am Games success behind us, TTC forges ahead on improvements.
Last weekend marked the end of the Parapan Am Games and the completion of a highly successful transit operation.
Over the past six weeks, virtually the entire TTC team pitched in to ensure that things ran smoothly and to offer a high quality, welcoming service to visitors from across the Americas and the Caribbean.
I am very proud of the way staff from all TTC departments deferred their vacations and underwent training in order to support their frontline colleagues by serving as customer service ambassadors. In the same spirit, our Operators and maintenance crews pulled out all the stops to deliver reliable service and to quickly resolve incidents with minimal impact on our customers.
Our attention now reverts to the bigger task of completing the modernization of the TTC. We are making good progress in this regard, but there is a lot left to do. By the end of next year, the PRESTO smart card will be available across the entire network and before then, we continue to restore service that was cut in 2011/12, thereby reducing crowding and improving service frequency on our busiest routes.
In parallel, we are accelerating our push to change the underlying culture of the TTC to deliver service that is consistently excellent and where you feel valued and appreciated for your patronage.
I remain confident that we are on the right track to giving you a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017