TTC is gearing up for a busy, exciting summer4/17/15 6:00 AM
It’s going to be a very busy summer for the TTC as we continue to modernize the network and deliver a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Construction season is upon us and TTC crews are working around the clock to renew the streetcar intersection at College and Spadina – just one of many essential projects in our ongoing program to maintain the existing system in a state of good repair.
At Union Station, the top-to-bottom renovation of the subway station is almost complete and we look forward to welcoming customers to this stunning new facility in a matter of weeks. Meanwhile, work is progressing well on the new Leslie Barns streetcar carhouse and connection track south of Queen Street East, both due to be substantially complete by early summer.
Starting in May, we will add service to cut wait times and reduce crowding on many routes across the network, initiatives that were enabled by the recent increase in our funding.
While all this is going on, our operations and service delivery teams are gearing up to transport hundreds of thousands of visitors to the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games over July and August.
These events and additional services require hundreds more Operators, so a huge recruitment and training exercise has been carried out to ensure we are ready.
Throw in the ongoing introduction of news streetcars, continued progress on the subway extension to York Region and the progressive roll-out of our new PRESTO smart card and these are indeed busy times at the TTC.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017