TTC Customer Charter update10/17/14 6:00 AM
Delivery of the TTC’s 2014 Customer Charter commitments continues apace.
This quarter, we have made continued progress on delivery of our charter promises, including work to further improve the cleanliness of the subway, and to increase the quantity and quality of customer information. We have also recruited and deployed Fare Inspectors on our 501 Queen and 510 Spadina routes to ensure that everyone has a valid fare and to enable the Spadina route to fully convert to the all-door boarding, Proof-of-Payment system.
We opened the second platform at Union Station as promised, and we delivered on our commitment to commence the easier access project at Woodbine Station and to begin construction of a second exit at Wellesley Station.
While we fell just short of recruiting 20 additional Route Supervisors to improve bus reliability and punctuality, we will recruit the remaining six over the next few weeks.
It was pleasing to see the results of our first customer satisfaction survey, specifically for Wheel-Trans customers. This survey found that 85 per cent of respondents are satisfied with the service they receive and that 90 per cent are proud of the TTC.
In addition to working on delivery of our charter commitments, my team is focused on other major projects to improve the service we provide. We have changed the subway schedules to add two peak-hour trains on Lines 1 and 2, and we are working with our supplier, Bombardier, to roll-out more of the new low-floor streetcars.
Finally, we are just one month away from the beginning of the progressive introduction of PRESTO, including its debut on the new streetcars. I know that, of all our many initiatives to modernize the TTC, the introduction of a smartcard will be one of the most transformative. I will continue to update you on its ongoing progress.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017