Creating pride in the TTC for riders and employees alike3/14/14 6:00 AM
The TTC’s 13,000 employees play a critical role in the delivery of our vision of a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
As stated on many occasions, modernization of the TTC means much more than the introduction of shiny new vehicles – we want you to feel valued as a customer and for every interaction with the TTC to be a positive, professional one. Our processes, therefore, must be customer-led, among a corporate culture where employees are motivated to excel in their role at all levels.
As part of the introduction of the TTC’s Five-Year Corporate Plan, I conducted more than 80 employee town hall meetings so that I could outline to those on the frontline exactly what our plan entails, as it is down to them if we are to successfully deliver on our vision.
The good news is that the overwhelming majority of employees have a genuine pride in the TTC and a desire to provide excellent service. So many employees have devoted their entire working lives to public service. We can and must tap into that deep well of talent to progressively improve the quality of service.
I am a great believer that staff performance and morale are influenced by their working environment. To that end, I am putting emphasis on changing the management culture at the TTC so that employees feel well-led and motivated to succeed.
Positive feedback from our customers is also an important motivator. The next time you receive great service from a TTC employee, let them know – or let us know by calling 416-393-3030. It really does make a difference.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017