TTC Customer Charter promises on track7/11/14 6:00 AM
At the half way point of the year, the TTC is making good progress on the 39 commitments made in the 2014 Customer Charter.
The second quarter features eight specific promises to improve key aspects of our service.
Our drive to improve the cleanliness of our system continued with work to recondition platforms at a number of our subway stations, as well as upgrades to lighting, making the stations well-lit and welcoming.
To make buying fares easier, we completed the conversion of all of our Pass Vending Machines to accept both debit and credit cards now.
Recognizing the importance of quality customer information, we upgraded the speakers in five subway stations to make public address announcements easier to understand. We also evaluated the results of the revised wayfinding signage trial at Bloor-Yonge Station and on our system maps. Based on positive customer feedback, all maps and signs will be progressively upgraded to this new standard.
By the end of the quarter, we fully implemented the Support Person’s Identification Card program where no fare is charged for a support person travelling with a customer with a disability.
The one target we missed related to expansion of the range of tickets, tokens and passes that can be bought by debit or credit cards from station collectors. There has been a slight delay in delivery of the necessary equipment to manage these transactions, but we expect to resolve this during the third quarter.
Looking ahead, we expect to deliver an all-Toronto-Rocket train service on Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) by the fall, earlier than the year-end target to which we committed.
These improvements – as well as a relentless focus on our core business of providing a safe, punctual, reliable service – moves us closer to delivering on our vision of a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017