Presto a key promise in TTC’s 2014 Customer Charter2/21/14 6:00 AM
Following last week’s launch of the TTC’s 2014 Customer Charter, I would like to expand the various promises we have made and what you can expect by way of service improvements this year.
One of the fundamental improvements you will begin to see this year – and over the next two to three years – is the arrival of the long-awaited Presto fare card. Tokens, Metropasses, tickets and paper transfers will be part of TTC history once all subway stations, buses and streetcars have been fitted with Presto readers.
Presto is already in use on a number of transit systems in Ontario and there are a number of reasons why the full roll-out onto the TTC (Presto readers are in 14 stations today) is only just about to begin.
Given the size and complexity of the TTC and its fare system, it is vital that Presto work reliably from day one. To that end, we are working closely with Metrolinx (our supplier) to ensure total system reliability before we go live. The TTC will be migrating to the latest version of Presto, one that will ultimately allow customers to use debit and credit cards, or even their cell phone, as a means of payment, rather than a Presto-only card.
Our new streetcars will come equipped with Presto readers when they enter service on the 510 Spadina route in late August, and we will equip at least three more subway stations with readers by the end of the year.
I am confident that customers will take to the ease and simplicity of Presto when it arrives. We are working with Metrolinx to speed up overall implementation, while balancing the need to ensure that it is reliable from the get-go.
In the coming weeks, I will use this space to further outline and detail commitments we are making to you in 2014 that are part of our second annual Customer Charter.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017