TTC unveils 2014 Customer Charter2/14/14 6:00 AM
Today, the TTC launched its second annual Customer Charter.
Having a charter sends a powerful message that we are serious about improving our performance and that our efforts and time are focused on issues of importance to customers.
This year, we are committed to delivery of 39, time-bound, specific promises to improve service across the full range of our operation. This builds on the success of last year’s inaugural charter in which 31 promises were delivered.
Development of this year’s charter involved consultation with our Advisory Committee for Accessible Transit and the Customer Liaison Panel so that we could be sure to focus on the right areas.
In addition to general, ongoing commitments to drive up punctuality, cleanliness and service reliability, this year’s charter contains a specific promise to increase the reliability of our bus service via the introduction of on-route supervisors.
By the end of August, we will introduce for the first time ever, accessible streetcars into TTC service. They will debut on the 510 Spadina route. These streetcars will come equipped with Presto smart card readers, and we will also convert more subway stations to accept Presto.
And at Wheel-Trans, we will increase customer service staff at our call centre to reduce call wait times.
Every quarter, we will publish the results of our efforts on our website so that you can hold us to account for what we have promised to do.
It’s all part of our journey to become a fully accountable, transparent and customer-focused organization.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017