Keeping TTC vehicles and stations clean is real teamwork9/6/13 6:00 AM
This week, I’d like to highlight the efforts of our janitorial teams across the TTC.
We call them Janitors because, in addition to keeping our facilities and vehicles clean, they perform a range of other tasks as I saw first-hand when I spent a day with the janitor division last year.
The TTC is making a big effort to drive up the cleanliness of our vehicles and stations. I would like to acknowledge the great work of our end-of-line cleaners at Finch and Kennedy subway stations. These are the employees who collect litter from subway trains after each round trip, every day. As well, we have teams of cleaners who remove, literally, tons of garbage from our buses and streetcars every night. Staff also deep-clean floors and other surfaces at all subway stations. This effort alone, in fact, is one of our 31 Customer Charter commitments.
And further improvement is coming. By November, all customer-facing Janitors will be outfitted with practical, professional uniforms. These Subway Janitors have been assigned to the new station groups and have accountability for specific stations. And on buses, revised cleaning arrangements will roll out to all TTC garages following a successful trial at two bus locations.
You can help us keep the TTC cleaner, too, by using garbage receptacles found across the system or by taking litter with you when leaving a vehicle or station.
> I am delighted to report that Pape Station reopened on time following its recent 12-day closure to expedite station modernization work. A great deal was achieved and the remaining work will be completed by the end of December in line with our Customer Charter promise. Thanks again to customers and local residents for their patience. The station looks great!
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017