Lest We Forget11/8/13 6:00 AM
On Monday (November 11, 2013), the TTC will join Torontonians and millions of people across Canada in honouring those that fought and gave their lives for our freedom.
Two weeks ago, the Toronto Royal Canadian Legion launched its annual poppy days campaign at Davisville Station. Since then, the TTC has applied Lest We Forget messaging to the front of its buses and streetcars, and on subway information screens, as a mark of our respect.
At 11 a.m. on Monday, a TTC wreath will be laid at the Old City Hall Cenotaph as part of the civic tribute. At the same time, all TTC vehicles will pause for two minutes to allow riders and staff to reflect upon the ultimate sacrifice that Canadians have made in war.
TTC staff have a proud history of military service that continues to this day. The names of TTC staff that fell in the service of Canada are inscribed on a plaque at our Head Office and a number of current employees undertake reservist duties with our full support and thanks.
TTC budget update: it’s time for transit
I continue to make the case for sustained, affordable TTC funding so that we can accommodate ever-increasing customer numbers.
We have now finalized our budget request and this will be considered by the TTC Board on Nov. 18 and, ultimately, City Council in the coming weeks. Our request covers what we need to continue to improve the service we provide, and to deliver the commitments in our Five-Year Corporate Plan.
The TTC has lived within its subsidy, the lowest of any major North American system, for the past two years, but a reasonable increase is now essential.
I will keep you updated on the progress we make.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017