Corporate Plan lays out TTC vision5/31/13 6:00 AM
This week (May 28-29, 2013), the TTC unveiled its inaugural Five-Year Corporate Plan.
The Plan describes how we will transform our culture, processes and equipment between now and 2017 in order to deliver our vision of a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
When I took over the helm of the TTC just over a year ago, my immediate priority was to drive up performance through strong leadership and clear direction.
We needed to be customer-led in our thinking and more business-like in the way we managed. Culturally, we had to embrace the concept of accountability and accept that all aspects of our service had to improve. Critically, we needed to develop tools to manage and track our progress.
Our new Plan completes the modern performance framework that we have developed and that includes our newly launched Vision, Customer Charter and Key Performance Indicators. It consists of seven strategic objectives and associated strategies to deliver a huge amount of change in a co-ordinated manner.
Outputs will include projects such as new accessible streetcars, Presto and the opening the Spadina Extension, but also a complete overhaul in our processes, culture and cost base.
Over the next few months, the Plan will be briefed to all TTC staff so that everyone knows what we need to do as a team to transform customer satisfaction and to provide better transit.
We have posted the Plan online at ttc.ca so that you can see what we will be working on to make you proud of the TTC.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017