Public safety and security is job one for TTC5/3/13 6:00 AM
The recent events in Boston and the arrests made here over a planned attack on a VIA passenger train are sobering reminders that we must never let our guard down. While transit was not the target in Boston, I remember all too clearly the 2005 terrorist attacks in London and how important it was to have solid plans that allowed us to swing into action.
At the TTC, we put your safety and security first. Our 24/7 Control Centre oversees the network including proactive monitoring of alarms and closed-circuit TV systems (CCTV). We have CCTV on all of
our new subway trains – and throughout the bus and streetcar fleet – and passenger alarms on the entire fleet. Our subway stations are also equipped with CCTV.
Our Transit Enforcement Officers work closely with Toronto Police and other law enforcement agencies to proactively protect our customers and property. The TTC remains one of the safest transit systems of its size in the world. To keep it that way, we continually review procedures so we remain prepared to deal with any eventuality.
You can also help keep the TTC safe and secure by being vigilant, keeping your property secure and by reporting any suspicious activity to a member of staff or police.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017