Customer feedback helping to drive TTC forward3/22/13 6:00 AM
Customer feedback from Monday evening’s (March 18, 2013) subway delays shows how much remains to be done to meet riders’ expectations.
This feedback is invaluable so it’s no coincidence that seven of the 31 commitments in our new Customer Charter address the need to get better at listening to – then acting on – what our customers tell us.
Earlier this week, we held a Meet-the-Managers event at Bathurst Station. I also attended a TTCriders Town Hall meeting (March 20) and took questions from the floor. Feedback from both events will be converted into tangible actions for my team to deliver. We will participate in more of these joint sessions throughout the year.
A good example of acting upon customer feedback is the introduction of luggage racks on the 192 Airport Rocket bus route, a Charter commitment that has already been delivered.
In April, I will introduce the new concept of Group Station Managers to begin improvement of all aspects of our subway station service, and by the summer we will take steps to improve system security through our team of Transit Enforcement Officers.
Finally, the TTC will now list on its website the performance of each individual streetcar and bus route so that you know how your service is performing and then hold us to account when it falls below target.
This is all part of being responsive – something that world-class companies excel at and an area that I intend to get right.
> Last week, I was thrilled to take a ride on a test run of our prototype low-floor streetcar. We are conducting extensive tests to make sure that all aspects of the design are right before production of the 204-strong fleet commences a four-year rollout in 2014.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017