The new year promises to be a big one for the TTC and its riders1/3/14 6:00 AM
At the TTC, we are gearing up to deliver big improvements to your service in 2014.
On the subway, the Yonge-University-Spadina line will receive the last of the initial order of Toronto Rocket trains, each providing a much-needed boost to line capacity as we move to an all-Rocket operation.
The oldest trains on the Bloor-Danforth line will be retired as this line converts to operation by T-1 trains, our next newest, and highly reliable fleet.
On our surface routes, more articulated buses will be rolled out to add to those already in operation on the 7 Bathurst route. Next routes to convert to articulated buses include the 29 Dufferin, 36 Finch West, 63 Ossington, 6 Bay, 85 Sheppard East and 53 Steeles Express.
And at the end of August, the first low-floor, air-conditioned, high-capacity streetcar will be deployed on to the 510 Spadina route, with 203 more state-of-the-art vehicles to follow between now and 2018.
Our new smartcard, Presto, will see further rollout, with additional subway stations being equipped with card readers, in addition to the new streetcars.
Finally, we will launch the 2014 Customer Charter later this month, containing more than 30 new time-bound promises geared to improving the service that we offer to you, our customers. I wish you all the very best for a healthy and Happy New Year!
> Many thanks to all of our customers for their patience while we coped with the aftermath of the ice storm. TTC staff and our colleagues at Toronto Hydro worked tirelessly in difficult conditions to restore service to keep Toronto moving.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017