Efforts continue to transform, modernize the TTC12/6/13 6:00 AM
As the year draws to a close, it is good to take stock of what has been achieved over the last 12 months.
Delivery against our Customer Charter has continued apace. Feedback has reflected improved customer satisfaction with the cleanliness and appearance of trains and stations, which is encouraging as we have put a lot of effort into this. We are now focusing on cleaner buses, streetcars and the SRT vehicles.
Customers tell me that the level and quality of information has improved, too. Although I feel we have a long way to go before we achieve an acceptable, consistent standard.
Specific targets met include Pape Station modernization, and making the station accessible to customers using wheelchairs, scooters and baby strollers. By the end of the year, we will also introduce the first of our new articulated buses into service, while rollout of the new streetcar fleet gets ever closer as we continue to gain experience with our test vehicles.
Of course, reliability and punctuality remain top priorities. This summer has seen a huge amount of construction across the city. Despite that, bus and streetcar punctuality have improved year over year.
Finally, we are making progress on delivery of our Five-Year Corporate Plan to modernize the TTC. This requires a top-to-bottom culture change. I am personally leading an extended program of briefings to all of our employees so everyone understands what needs to be done to transform the customer experience and to drive up the quality of our service.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017