Improving your TTC experience now includes free Wi-Fi at two subway stations12/13/13 6:00 AM
Earlier this week, the TTC officially launched its new, free Wi-Fi service at Bloor-Yonge and St George Stations.
Installation of Wi-Fi at two stations is one of our 2013 Customer Charter promises and we intend to progressively equip the remaining stations over the next two years. Our supplier, BAI Canada, will pay the TTC $25 million over the course of a 20-year contract, money that will be ploughed back into improving your transit service.
The intention is to ultimately offer cell service, as well as Wi-Fi, as that is what customer feedback indicates. BAI Canada is actively talking to cell carriers to make this a reality.
So far, users of the Wi-Fi service have pronounced themselves very satisfied with the speed and quality of the connection. I see big, direct benefits for the TTC, too, as having our stations equipped with Wi- Fi will radically improve our ability to provide fast, quality service information, both direct to your phone or tablet, or via an IT-equipped member of staff.
It’s all part of our modernization program and our push to improve customer information. We haven’t forgotten the surface network either. In the budget that I presented to City Council’s Budget Committee yesterday, we made the case for capital funding to replace the 1970s-generation communication equipment on buses and streetcars – something that is long overdue.
With a whole new suite of commitments about to be launched for the 2014 Customer Charter, we are well on the road to modernizing the TTC.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017