TTC Customer Charter promises remain on track8/2/13 6:00 AM
The results of our second quarter Customer Charter commitments are now posted on our website and I am pleased to say that we delivered on all eight targets.
In addition to acceptance of five more state-of-the-art Toronto Rocket subway trains into our fleet, highlights include progress on a number of projects designed to improve our overall service.
After extensive consultation with staff and union representatives, we have finalized the design of the new uniform for station staff and vehicle Operators, ready for rollout in 2014. We want our employees to wear the new uniform with pride so a lot of thought has gone into the design to make it both practical and smart. Look for an unveiling in the coming months!
Our security model is also being overhauled and we have held very positive discussions with the Toronto Police Service and its Board to reach agreement in principle to restore Special Constable status to our Transit Enforcement Officers (TEO) with a target implementation date of this fall.
Special Constable status will allow our TEOs to be much more effective in keeping customers and fellow staff safe and secure, working evermore closely with police.
At Lawrence West Station, work is well and truly underway to install an elevator and other easier access features. Meanwhile, our maintenance blitz of stations continues, including restoration of the terrazzo floors and cleaning of light fixtures across the subway network.
As I have said before, the most important target remains delivery of safe, punctual transit and I will discuss progress against this objective next week.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017