New era dawns at TTC with introduction of Group Station Managers4/19/13 6:00 AM
Yesterday (April 18, 2013), TTC Chair Karen Stintz and I unveiled the TTC’s six new Group Station Managers (GSMs).
The GSM role brings accountability to the management of our subway network. In fact, the role is based on a job that I once held in the London Underground.
Our GSMs will manage customer service and safety, staff performance, selling fares and facility management for their group of stations and associated bus and streetcar interchanges.
Over the coming months, we will progressively build stable teams so that staff has a sense of pride in their stations and customers get to know their local team. The GSMs will work with local community groups and Councillors to put the pride back into the TTC.
In creating Group Station Managers, I wanted to infuse new thinking and fresh blood into the TTC. Five of the six GSMs are new to the TTC with backgrounds in aviation, consultancy and customer service. Four out of the six are women. I’m confident this team will give our station staff inspirational leadership and make the TTC culture customer-led.
This milestone also delivers one of the promises that I made as part of our new Customer Charter. I’m pleased to say that a lot of hard work has delivered all nine of the Charter commitments due during the first quarter of this year. You can find the full progress report on our website at ttc.ca.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017