Five-Year Corporate Plan sets stage for TTC transformation4/12/13 6:00 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of my job is in managing the incredible diversity and complexity of the components that make up the Toronto Transit Commission.
The TTC is more complex than most transit systems around the world, operating five different modes, including: bus, streetcar, subway, the Scarborough RT and Wheel-Trans. Behind the scenes, a comprehensive infrastructure exists to deliver service to 1.7 million daily riders on what is North America’s third-largest transit network.
From our 24/7 Transit Control facility to the vehicle workshops through to our carhouses, project offices, infrastructure depots and operating bases, 12,500 employees deliver service around the clock within the constraints of a very tight operating budget and rising customer expectations.
I spend a lot of time visiting these facilities, as I truly appreciate what our employees achieve with limited means, but also so I can discuss areas for improvement with them. This spring, senior managers and I will hold briefings with groups of staff in every department to present our soon-to-be-released Corporate Plan. We will seek their feedback and buy-in to the transformation plan that I and my Executive have committed to delivering in our efforts to modernize and improve the TTC.
The plan will be posted to the TTC website so all of our customers can see what is planned over the next five years.
> I was delighted to accept an Energy Leadership Award from Toronto Hydro on behalf of the TTC this week. Our staff worked hard to save 758 kWh of energy, equivalent to 2,387 trees and a lot of valuable tax dollars.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017