A customer-first approach starts at the top10/26/12 6:00 AM
This spring, I implemented a re-organization of the TTC’s management structure that, at its heart, puts the customer at the centre of everything we do. Four new business groups were created and built around a continuous improvement cycle designed to meet or exceed customer expectations.
The Strategy and Customer Experience Group’s mandate is to start and end this cycle. It specifies the service level and quality to be delivered based on customer needs, then evaluates business results and customers’ feedback so we can understand and rectify where we may have fallen short.
In order to excel, you need good people. So we need to continue to build highly capable management, supervisory and front-line teams. In looking afresh at our recruitment and people profiles, and the training needs of our staff, we will source, train, motivate and retain talented individuals with the right attitudes at all levels.
I am convinced that the way we manage staff influences the way they come across to customers, which in turn colours the perceptions of media and stakeholders. For this reason, I want the TTC management culture and style to be one that gets the best out of staff, challenging them to succeed while supporting and encouraging them in what can be a difficult environment.
Fortunately, we already have many fantastic managers and front-line staff at the TTC. With clear direction and the right structure in place, I am confident we can make you feel more valued as customers.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017