Vision statement a first step in transforming the TTC10/12/12 6:00 AM
Shortly after taking up the position of CEO, I called for a five-year program to modernize and transform the TTC.
It seemed to me that while the TTC has many strengths and while it successfully moves 1.6 million customers a day (and rising), there was a need to re-invigorate all aspects of our service, and to change customer and stakeholder perceptions of the company.
To this end we identified 10 things that we needed to tackle in order to deliver this change. I will elaborate on each of these over the next 10 weeks.
Job number one was to identify a vision that all TTC staff could relate to, and that would guide everything that we do. It needed to draw on the TTC’s traditional values of Safety, Service, and Courtesy, and build on the good work of so many TTC staff over the years.
So we are working towards giving you a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
This will take time to achieve and it will need all 10 elements to be delivered. We have a head start in employing so many fantastic people who have an inherent pride in what they do to serve Toronto, but for whom there was no discernible vision to rally round.
That is now in place and I am quite convinced that we can evolve the TTC into a transit system that is a model for integrated, efficient, customer-led service. The acid test will be when you, our customer, tell us we have succeeded.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017