Motivated TTC staff crucial to delivering quality service11/16/12 6:00 AM
Our plan to transform the TTC has to be about much more than introducing shiny new vehicles or bringing in a new smart card, important though both are.
Customers rightly expect professional, friendly, informed service to be the norm from a well-trained, well-managed and motivated workforce.
I am lucky to have inherited a team of more than 12,000 people who are passionate about the TTC and what they do, but who need a strong, supportive management that sets clear direction for the service we should be providing.
There will always be a few managers or staff that won’t or can’t step up to the new standards that we are seeking. But we should not tar everyone with the same brush – and in my strong opinion – the vast majority of TTC staff do a fantastic job day in, day out in what can sometimes seem like a thankless task.
We are changing our management style to be more supportive, while requiring higher standards across the company. I want all TTC staff to feel motivated, challenged and valued. In return, I ask them to strive every day to do their jobs to the best of their ability. We need to re-engage the staff – not always easy during a period of top-to-bottom change.
I am confident that, over time, you will see the positive effects of this change as we all pull together to give you a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Next up on Line 1 extension: Pioneer Village Station, 24/11/2017
- 30 days to go: York University Station, 17/11/2017
- Next stop on TTC Line 1 extension: Finch West Station, 10/11/2017
- TTC’s Line 1 extension just weeks from opening, 03/11/2017
- Countdown on to opening TTC’s Line 1 extension , 27/10/2017
- TTC staff impartial, professional public servants: City AG, 20/10/2017
- TTC family mourns Tom Dedes, 13/10/2017
- Have you got your PRESTO card yet? TTC Metropass now on PRESTO, 06/10/2017
- TTC adds all night subway service this weekend for Nuit Blanche, 29/09/2017
- Countdown on to TTC’s Line 1 extension, 22/09/2017