Latest news on COVID-19
The TTC is continuing to implement measures to keep our customers and employees safe, such as:
- Implementing demand-responsive bus service in addition to scheduled service
- Enhancing station management and passenger traffic flow with additional COVID-19 Customer Service Ambassadors and floor decals
- Continuing to distribute free masks across the system and in targeted distribution campaigns
- Continuing enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all public places, stations and vehicles with a focus on touch and grab points
- Making hand sanitizer available in every station at bus bays and on every streetcar and Wheel-Trans vehicle
We’re regularly asked about ridership, enhancing service on busy routes and mask compliance. We’ll be updating these facts regularly.
Vehicle Boardings - Week ending June 4, 2021
|Mode||Percentage compared to pre-COVID levels||Customer Boarding|
Total System-wide Boardings:
|System-wide ridership/service – Week ending June 4, 2021|
|Revenue rides||Service level|
|487,000 - 28%||98%|
|Percentage based on pre-pandemic service levels|
*The TTC will resume full service when revenue rides reach 50 per cent of pre-pandemic levels
|Percentage of customers observed to be wearing a mask||Percentage of customers observed to be wearing masks properly|
|Audit completed June 4||99%||96%|
- We will continue to provide updates on the situation as required. Customers and TTC employees looking for additional information are encouraged to visit Toronto Public Health's website.
- A number of health and safety notices have also been issued to employees.
- Any further questions related to exposure or symptoms should be directed to Toronto Public Health.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19.