The Future Is...
Our new streetcar
- Modern design and feel
- Spacious interior
- Climate-controlled with air conditioning
- All-door boarding
- On-board Fare and Transfer machines and Ticket Validators
- Natural lighting from large windows
- Holds up to 251 passengers — almost double the capacity of current streetcars
- To use bike racks, enter through the middle double doors where you will find two spaces dedicated to bike storage during non-peak hours (Monday to Friday before 6:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and after 7:00 p.m.; weekends and statutory holidays)
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Low floor — no stairs to climb
- Extendable ramp gives customers easy access
- Operator deploys ramp upon request
- Request ramp by pressing the illuminated blue accessibility button on the inside or outside of the streetcar
- Ramp deploys quickly
- Priority seating on-board for 15 people, identified by blue seats (for people with disabilities, the elderly and pregnant women)
Giving You ChoicesNew streetcars are equipped with two on-board Fare and Transfer machines and and Ticket Validators located across from each of the centre double doors. The 510 Spadina streetcar route will now run on a Proof-of-Payment (POP) system. Customers will need to show their POP receipt to a TTC Fare Inspector upon request.
- Your TTC pass is your Proof-of-Payment.
- Insert your TTC token at an on-board or curbside Fare and Transfer machine to get a POP receipt that is also your transfer.
- Insert and time stamp your ticket in a ticket validator. Your stamped ticket is your POP receipt and transfer.
- Your TTC paper transfer is your Proof-of-Payment.
- Customers can tap their PRESTO card on one of the six on-board readers and obtain a transfer from one of the two on-board Fare and Transfer machines.
- Fare and Transfer machines accept coins (change not provided) and issue a POP receipt that is also your transfer.
Curbside Fare Vending Machines:
- Customers can also purchase fares and validate their tickets at new curbside fare vending machines installed at the busiest stops along the route.
Bathurst: Elevator on westbound subway platform to street level, out of service for planned overhaul until March 2020.
Last updated Oct 17, 2:40 PM