Charter a TTC vehicle for your next event
Reserving your charter
You must reserve your charter a minimum of two weeks in advance.
Phone the TTC Charter Office at (416) 393-7880 to reserve your charter. Please have the following details available:
- Date of charter
- Pick up location and time
- Return location and time
- Suggested route
Please note: Charters do not run Monday to Friday, 6:00 am - 10:30 am, and 1:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
Suggested sightseeing streetcar tour
The Old Town of York & Today's Modern Toronto
The tour will start on York Street just South of Queen (Sheraton Centre Hotel), and proceed on the following streets: East on Queen, North on Church, East on Dundas, North on Parliament, East on Gerrard, South on Broadview, West on Queen/ West on King, North on Spadina, (to Bloor-Danforth subway loop) South on Spadina, East on Queen's Quay (to Union Station loop), West on Queen's Quay, North on Spadina, East on Queen, South on Church, West on Richmond, North on York to drop-off point.
Some landmarks seen during this tour include:
- Financial District
- Osgoode Hall
- Roy Thomson Hall
- Town of York
- CN Tower
- Rogers Centre
- New City Hall
- Island Ferry Docks
- Old City Hall
- Historic Spadina Avenue
- St. Lawrence Market
- Eaton Centre
- Royal Alexandra Theatre
- Cabbage Town
- Princess of Wales Theatre
- Old Don Jail
Design your own Red Rocket route
You are free to design your own route for your charter. When the TTC approves your selected route, your charter streetcar will operate in conjunction with regular scheduled service. En-route stops and breaks will not be possible if they result in delays to regular service. The TTC driver will try to accommodate stop requests, but has the final authority in operating the charter service.
Streetcar Charters are subject to access to streetcar tracks and will be authorized by the TTC. If, in the interest of safety and passenger convenience, a change in the routing is necessary after the charter has been booked, the TTC reserves the right to implement such change.
The TTC Operator does not provide any commentary. If this service is required, the chartering party is responsible to make arrangements for a step-on guide at their own cost.
Charters do not run during rush hours: Monday to Friday, 6:00 am - 10:30 am, and 1:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Terms & Conditions of charters
- Chartering of a TTC vehicle must be contracted by a person of 18 years of age or older.
- Rental of any TTC vehicle is strictly subject to availability. For the PCC, in the event of a mechanical breakdown, the TTC reserves the right to replace the PCC streetcar with a regular streetcar.
- The TTC reserves the right to cancel any and all charter services without notice and the TTC shall not be responsible for any losses incurred as a result of such cancellation.
- Payment in advance by certified cheque, money order or major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express). Payment to be received no less than five (5) working days before date of service. Please make certified cheque or money order payable to the Toronto Transit Commission.
- Cancellation charge of $508.50 will apply to all charters cancelled later than 11:00am on the last business day prior to date of service.
- Extra mileage, time or vehicles ordered other than outlined on the waybill will be charged for at regular rates.
- Any damage or excessive uncleanliness of / to the vehicle, caused by the passengers, will be charged by the carrier to the chartering party.
- Operators will not pay entrance / parking fees to parks or picnic areas. Operators do not park in restricted areas.
- The loading and unloading of any personal possessions and/or equipment is the responsibility of the chartering party.
- Unauthorized signage or any other object displayed on interior or exterior of vehicle is prohibited.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages on all vehicles are prohibited.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Presidents' Conference Committee (PCC) streetcar history
Take a Trip Through the Past on the "Red Rocket"
The TTC offers two fully restored 1950s PCC streetcars - # 4500 and # 4549 - for private charter tours of Toronto past and present. With many of the original track networks still in place, you and your group can take a nostalgic ride though Old York on your own Red Rocket.
The iconic PCC streetcar served TTC riders from 1938 until December 8, 1995 when the last one was taken out of regular service. Over that time the TTC operated 745 "Red Rockets" as they became known in Toronto. The TTC had the largest PCC fleet in the world and the cars served many more routes in the central city than today's streetcars. The Rocket was the backbone of the surface transit system until the Bloor-Danforth subway opened in 1966. Many of the cars were overhauled in the early 1970s and more than 200 PCCs were still in service by the early 1980s. Nineteen Red Rockets were overhauled a second time starting in the late 1980s and these cars closed out the PCC era in 1995.
Elevator Alert: Queens Quay Station, concourse to platform, out of service until June 16th due to construction
Last updated 6:12 AM