Finch West Station Fire Hall Construction Update
December 2, 2010
Construction of a new building for Toronto Fire Hall No. 141 began in July. This work is part of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) project and is necessary for construction of the new Finch West Station.
Work includes construction of a new fire hall with a double depth drive-through bay, complete with crew quarters and fire prevention offices as well as watermain and sewer installation. The construction site is located at the southwest corner of the intersection of Keele Street and Murray Ross Parkway. Construction of the new fire hall is expected to be completed May 2011. There will be no interruption to service in the relocation of the fire hall.
- Work will normally run from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- No work will be done on Statutory Holidays except in an emergency.
- During the work, there may be construction related noise.
Transit and Traffic Restrictions
- Keele Street: The southbound curb lane will be closed during construction of the watermains and during construction of an entrance for the new fire hall.
- Murray Ross Parkway: There will be curb lane closures until early December between Keele Street and Columbia Gate to accommodate sanitary sewer installation. TTC bus services will continue to operate on Murray Ross Parkway during the construction.
- Columbia Gate: Columbia Gate will have intermittent closures from Four Winds Drive to Murray Ross Parkway the last two weeks of November for sanitary sewer installation.
- There will be delays to TTC bus services entering and exiting the bus rapid transitway located at Keele Street and Murray Ross Parkway as a result of the work.
Due to the nature of the work, motorists and transit riders may face temporary to significant traffic delays southbound on Keele Street and both directions on Murray Ross Parkway and Columbia Gate as a result of the work.
We regret any inconvenience that may be caused as a result of this work.