Yorkville Park / Cumberland Street - ventilation shaft essential repairs
Starting October 7 for approximately six weeks
What are we doing and why?
TTC will begin state of good repair to the subway ventilation shaft situated in the Village of Yorkville Park off of Cumberland Street. This work is scheduled to take approximately six weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Traffic and sidewalk restrictions
- Cumberland Street will be reduced to one lane through the work zone.
- There will be no street parking permitted to maintain traffic flow.
- Pedestrians will be diverted around the work zone.
- Replacement of the metal grate and rehabilitation of the concrete and steel beam support structure.
- Restoring the surface area surrounding the vent after repairs are completed. There will be a period when work will be suspended for concrete curing time.
- At 12:01 a.m. Monday morning, Cumberland Street will be closed to set up the lane restriction. Police will be on site to assist. A similar closure will occur to reinstate lanes upon completion of the work.
A concrete saw-cutter, backhoe/excavator, hand-held power chipping tools, a generator, a small crane, and concrete truck as required.
Work hours and timeline
Work will be scheduled from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays with occasional work on Saturdays.
Thank you for your patience during this essential infrastructure repair work.
For further information
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service