Yonge and Eglinton area - TTC bus diversions due to Metrolinx work
July 17 to August 4, 2017 - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
Work description and purpose
Due to Metrolinx Crosstown LRT construction, TTC must temporarily re-route buses. Starting on Monday, July 17 for approximately three weeks, Toronto Hydro on behalf of Metrolinx will be working on Duplex Avenue south of Eglinton Avenue, impacting regular operation of TTC buses entering and exiting Eglinton Station via Duplex Avenue.
To maintain the best possible transit service and efficiently move 70,000 daily customers, buses running along the Eglinton Avenue East corridor must be re-routed during Metrolinx’s utility work on Duplex Avenue.
The 34 Eglinton East, 54 Lawrence East, 51 Leslie and 56 Leaside bus routes will divert during Metrolinx’s work hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. – see below for further details. Police and TTC personnel will be onsite to help provide safe transit and traffic operations.
TTC service diversions – 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
34 Eglinton East, 54 Lawrence East, 51 Leslie, 56 Leaside
Westbound bus routing
- From Eglinton Avenue and Mount Pleasant Road; west on Eglinton Avenue, north on Redpath Avenue, west on Broadway Avenue, south on Yonge Street, west on Berwick Avenue into Eglinton Station.
Eastbound bus routing
- From Eglinton Station; east on Berwick Avenue, east on Soudan Avenue, north on Redpath Avenue, east on Eglinton Avenue East to regular routing.
All bus routes will return to regular routing outside of Metrolinx’s work hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Parking restrictions – July 17 to August 4
Parking restrictions along the diversionary routing will be required to maintain safe and efficient bus operations during the three week period.
- Soudan Avenue between Yonge Street and Redpath Avenue
- Broadway Avenue between Yonge Street and Redpath Avenue
- Redpath Avenue between Soudan Avenue and Broadway Avenue
Construction inquiries can be made by contacting the Metrolinx Crosstown East Community Office at 416-482-7411 or on their website.
TTC Service contacts
TTC Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps.
TTC - TTY Line, 416-481-2523 (daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays).
TTC Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 or ttc.ca.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service