Victoria Park to Warden stations - lighting upgrades
Ongoing overnight work required for safety
Work description and purpose
TTC started a long-term project in August 2017 to upgrade the existing lighting infrastructure in the open-air sections of the subway line between Victoria Park and Warden stations. Crews began working from Victoria Park Station and move east towards Warden Station.
All work occurs within the subway right-of-way and involves:
- Installing new electrical feeds and duct banks.
- Constructing new light pole bases within the subway right-of-way by using hydro vacuum excavation and placing new concrete.
- Hoisting new light poles into position.
- Restoring any chain link fences or landscaping affected by this project.
- Removing existing electrical cables and light poles after the new lighting infrastructure project is completed.
- Access to the work areas will primarily be from the Hydro right-of-way adjacent to the subway line.
While the majority of the work will be done during the daytime on weekdays and weekends, some work is required at night for safety reasons and to support daytime activities. Overnight work activities will include installing protective fencing to create a safe work area and conducting minor excavation underneath and across the subway tracks.
Efforts will be made to keep noise to a minimum.
Subway service will be maintained through the work area.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; email@example.com.
Kennedy: Elevator out of service between South parking lot entrance and concourse until Spring 2019
Last updated Dec 21, 10:27 AM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service