Victoria Park to Warden stations - light infrastructure upgrades
Starting week of August 14, 2017
Work description and purpose
Starting the week of August 14, TTC will begin a long-term project to upgrade the existing lighting infrastructure in the open-air sections of the subway line between Victoria Park and Warden stations. Crews will begin working from Victoria Park Station and move east towards Warden Station.
All work will occur within the subway right-of-way and will involve:
- Installing new electrical feeds and duct banks.
- Constructing new light pole bases within the subway right-of-way by using hydro vacuum excavation and placing new concrete.
- Hoisting new light poles into position.
- Restoring any chain link fences or landscaping affected by this project.
- Removing existing electrical cables and light poles after the new lighting infrastructure project is completed.
- Access to the work areas will primarily be from the Hydro right-of-way adjacent to the subway line.
While the majority of the work will be done during the daytime on weekdays and weekends, some work is required at night for safety reasons and to support daytime activities. Overnight work activities will include installing protective fencing to create a safe work area and conducting minor excavation using hand tools.
Efforts will be made to keep noise to a minimum.
Subway service will be maintained through the work area.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service