St Clair West Station - Easier Access Project
Work is ongoing until late Fall 2017
St Clair West Station is the newest TTC subway station to become fully accessible.
Construction for the concourse-to-platform level elevators was completed and placed into service in December 2016.
The construction for the street-level elevator (E1) at the main entrance at St Clair West Station is now complete. Some work to install elevator finishes and signage will be underway until November.
On Friday, September 1, 2017 a total of three elevators are scheduled to be placed into service. The station's elevators will connect the street level to the bus and streetcar transfer area, concourse level and subway platforms levels.
Transit Service Changes:
Wheel-Trans trips may be booked into the St Clair West Station bus loop (in a bay that is dedicated to Wheel-Trans buses) after September 3, 2017.
Station improvements include:
- A barrier free path to all levels of the station including: three elevators to access street, bus and streetcar level, concourse, and northbound/southbound platforms
- Accessible fare gates (PRESTO gates to be installed at the main entrance late 2017) and automatic sliding doors
- Improved signage and wayfinding
- CCTV – security cameras
- The public art installation entitled "The Commuters" was completed
The TTC thanks its customers for their support as we work to improve transit accessibility in Toronto.
- Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org, (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Customer Service: 416-393-3030 (daily 7:00 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps
- TTY Line: 416-481-2523 (daily 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed holidays)
- Routes/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca
- TTC wide route/schedule information: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service