St Clair West Station - main entrance escalator closed and overnight work
March 16 to May 15 - installation of structural support for the street level elevator work
Work is underway to make St Clair West Station accessible (the street level elevator is under construction). Construction for the concourse to platform level elevators was completed and these elevators are now in service.
The overall project includes:
- A barrier free path to all levels of the station including: three elevators to access street, bus and streetcar level, concourse, and northbound/southbound platforms
- Accessible fare gates and automatic sliding doors
- Improved signage and wayfinding
- CCTV – security cameras
- Public art installation entitled "The Commuters"
Easier Access Update - elevator 1 construction is ongoing
- The “down” escalator at the main entrance will be taken out of service so that crews can safely install structural support for the street level elevator.
- The other escalator will remain available for customer use in the “up” direction.
- Access to the stairs will remain open and detours with signage will be in place.
- The main entrance will remain open during construction at street level.
- Construction activities will occur during the nighttime hours when there is less pedestrian traffic.
The majority of work will take place between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Some work will occur during the nighttime hours when there is less pedestrian traffic.
Noise and vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
For further information
Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service