Rosedale Station - Easier Access Project
Preliminary borehole testing starting - October 11, 2018 to December 1, 2018
Project description and purpose
The TTC’s Easier Access Program makes stations accessible for everyone with the addition of new elevators. Rosedale Station is currently scheduled to be accessible by 2025. As a first step in the design process, Rosedale Station and the local area’s soil and groundwater conditions will be investigated.
Initial borehole testing work details
- Prior to construction, borehole tests are required. Boreholes obtain information from the underground soil and groundwater conditions within the vicinity of the future elevator location. The information obtained will inform the design of future underground structures.
- Small work zones will be set up in the borehole areas and metal plates will be used to cover the holes within the City right-of-way on Crescent roadway/bridge area, on the sloping retaining wall beside the station and on TTC property. Some trees and bushes planted on the sloping retaining wall will be trimmed to allow for this work.
- Each borehole will take approximately 5 days to complete (weather pending).
- Construction crews and vacuuming equipment will be present along Crescent Road and trucks/equipment will remain overnight. During the day, some construction noise is expected.
- Pedestrian detours will be in place. For safety reasons, please cross the street at the traffic signals at the Yonge Street intersection.
Noise and vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-885-9552, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service