Fare gate construction and installation
Information on active and ongoing fare gateconstruction at several TTC stations
New fare gates are being installed at stations across the TTC from now until mid-2017. See below for active construction projects at TTC subway stations - organized alphabetically.
Details about new fare gates
- Turnstiles will be removed and replaced with new, PRESTO-enabled fare gates.
- The new gates will provide easier access and offer greater flexibility for flow of traffic into and out of stations.
- Customers may also use cash, tickets, tokens and Metropasses, however, anyone paying by cash, tickets or tokens, must enter through the collector booth aisle at the main entrance.
- Station ambassadors will be available to help direct customers into stations throughout construction.
For general information on PRESTO, including the fare gate installation schedule, please see our PRESTO page.
For fare gate related construction inquiries, please contact Lito Romano, Senior Community Liaison Officer, 416-397-8699, email@example.com.
Start date: August 28
Approximate end date: early October
The collector booth, main fare line and street level elevator to the concourse will be closed until early October.
- Customers will access the station through a temporary entrance via the main lobby that connects to the bus bay.
- A station collector will collect fares at the entrance. A PRESTO card reader will also be available.
- Customers will use the stairs or elevator in the bus bay to access the subway.
- All customers will exit the station via a temporary walkway through the bus bay.
- When the collector booth is closed, customers can purchase tickets, tokens or TTC passes from the TTC’s Customer Service Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday (8:30 to 7 p.m. on Thursdays) or at their destination.
- To purchase a PRESTO card visit the Gateway Newsstand in Davisville Station or visit prestocard.ca.
Start date: August 22
Approximate end date: end of September
The entrance will close at 9 p.m. and will remain closed until the end of September. Once construction is complete, customers will only be able to access this entrance with a PRESTO card.
St Patrick Station
Start date: July 17, 2017
Customers will be able to access and exit the station through a temporary crash gate collector or through one of the collector booth aisle that will remain open.
A temporary PRESTO card reader will be available for PRESTO card customers.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service