Long Branch Loop - service changes due to Wheel-Trans Access Hub work
February 15 to 17, 22 and 23 and February 29 and March 1
What we are doing and why
The TTC is working to build a Wheel-Trans Access Hub at the Long Branch Loop. This will include the construction of a new landing platform, a new concrete pedestrian walkway and stairs, tactile plate installation, repaving and electrical upgrades. The work is scheduled for completion by the end of March. In order to facilitate some work that will interfere with the streetcar track and streetcar movement inside the loop, temporary service changes to the 501/301 streetcar route will be required over three consecutive weekends - February 15 to 17, 22 and 23 and February 29 and March 1.
During the course of this project, Long Branch Loop will remain operational and accessible for customers.
TTC service (The weekends of February 15 to 17, 22 and 23 and February 29 and March 1)
501/301 Queen route
- Streetcars will travel as far west as the Kipling Loop; and
- Replacement buses will operate both ways on Lake Shore Boulevard West between Long Branch Loop and the Twelfth Street/Lake Shore West Boulevard area.
- Typical work hours for this project will be 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- During the three weekends, to ensure the least amount of impact to service and TTC customers, the work zone will start to be set up at approximately 5 a.m. on Saturday, February 15, 22 and 29. The work (including excavation activity) will be conducted between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., with clean-up activities extending to 11 p.m.
- The work zone associated with the weekend work will be removed at 11 p.m. on Monday, February 17, Sunday, February 23 and Sunday, March 1 for the resumption of streetcar service into the loop.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as the TTC works to make its system more accessible.
For further information:
Arno van Dijk, Construction Liaison Officer, 416-393-3792, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service