Lake Shore Boulevard West - essential concrete repairs at multiple locations
Starting Wednesday, May 10 for approximately 2 to 3 weeks, weather permitting
Work description and purpose
Starting May 10, TTC will be conducting essential concrete repairs to various sections of streetcar track allowance on Lake Shore Boulevard West. This work is required to return areas to a state of good repair for all road users. Track staff will conduct repairs one work area at a time (moving work zone), starting from the east moving west.
Work will require concrete breaking/chipping. Each work area will take a few days to complete.
The sequence of work below is dependent on any other road activities on Lake Shore Boulevard West:
- 2821 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3180 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3197 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3120 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3621 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3645 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3801 Lake Shore Boulevard West
- 3783 Lake Shore Boulevard West
Traffic and pedestrian restrictions
- Crews will occupy the streetcar track allowance (centre lane) to conduct the repairs.
- Traffic will be maintained in both directions through the work areas.
- Some turning restrictions will be required to create a safe work zone for the crew.
- Street parking will be maintained.
Work hours and timeline
- Each work zone will be established around 7 a.m. on the first day and will be in place until completion.
- Activities will include milling/breaking old concrete and placing new concrete. The majority of removal will be done between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Concrete will be placed afterwards and left to cure overnight.
- Lane restrictions through the work area will remain in place for approximately 24 hours after new concrete is placed to allow it to cure before vehicle traffic is allowed to travel over the repaired area.
TTC service changes
The 501 Queen route is currently operated with buses and will be maintained through each work area.
TTC Service Changes
Ongoing route changes will occur during multiple road, track and bridge work on Queen Street, The Queensway and Lake Shore Boulevard, and improvements at Humber Loop throughout 2017.
Last updated May 23 2017, 6:38 AM
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-2197; email@example.com.
Elevator Alert: Queen's Quay Station, streetcar platform to street level, out of service until June 16, 2017, due to construction.
Last updated May 15, 1:53 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service