Davisville Yard - extension to subway carhouse
February 2017 to March 2019
Work description and purpose
TTC will be extending a portion of the Davisville Carhouse (located adjacent to Davisville subway station at Yonge Street and Chaplin Crescent). The work entails constructing extensions to the north and south ends as noted in the graphic. When completed, the additional footprint, housing two sets of subway tracks will accommodate the entire length of the new TR subway trains and improve maintenance efficiency.
Davisville Yard is one of three properties dedicated to maintenance and service operation of the TTC’s subway fleet. TTC yards operate 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to support subway service. The yard will remain in full operation during the project.
- The majority of the work on this project will take place weekdays between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. as well as weekends and nights, only when required. A safe work zone area will be established to allow the contractor to work during the day without impacting daily yard operations.
- The contractor will be onsite Friday, February 10 and throughout the weekend to create the safe work zone consisting of concrete barriers and hoarding. The contractor will work around-the-clock starting Friday evening to ensure power to the nearby tracks in the yard can be restored for Monday morning.
- Noise from construction equipment may be audible to area residents during this work.
General details of project
- The majority of the work will take place within the TTC yard with the exception of a maintenance gate that will be installed at the north-east corner of Duplex Avenue and Chaplin Crescent.
- Demolition of the north and south ends of the carhouse.
- Excavation and disposal of soil will be required for the building foundations and installation of new sewers.
- Construction of the new extensions to the south and north ends of the carhouse.
- Work inside the carhouse additions will include mechanical, electrical, civil, track, fire protection/sprinkler, maintenance platform and lighting.
- Reinstatement of the track within the yard which was removed to create a secured work zone.
For further information:
Lito Romano: Senior Community Liaison Officer; email@example.com, 416-397-8699.
Diego Sinagoga: Senior Community Liaison Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-393-2197.
Elevator Alert: Kennedy Station, subway platform to concourse level, out of service until January 2018 due to construction
Last updated Nov 16, 3:42 PM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service