Chester Station – Switchboard upgrade and overnight work
July 26, 2017 – September 1, 2017
Start Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – Friday, September 1, 2017
*Content/timelines accurate of time of posting
The TTC will be building a second exit and installing elevators to make Chester Station safer and accessible to everyone. To minimize the overall duration of construction, the second exit and elevators will be constructed concurrently. In preparation for this future work, Chester Station will be equipped with a new switchboard system.
- On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 generators will be delivered to the area in front of the main entrance. These generators will be on site until this phase of the project is completed (expected for September 1, 2017). These particular generators are the quietest model available.
- In order to access the transformers, Toronto Hydro crews, trucks and equipment will be on site on July 25, August 9, and from August 22 to August 31, 2017. Crews will temporarily stage their work in the walkway adjacent to the station. The walkway will be closed during these times
- The pedestrian walkway adjacent to Chester Station will be closed on July 25, August 9, and from August 22 to August 31, 2017.
- Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
- Access to the underground work area will generally take place between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. For safety, some work and the initial set-up and removal of the access area will occur overnight through the main entrance doors at the station.
- Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service: 416-393-3030 (daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps
- TTY Line: 416-481-2523 (daily 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed holidays).
- Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service