Broadview Avenue and Gerrard Street intersection - streetcar track renewal
Starting July 24, 2018
Work description and purpose
The next phase of TTC's track project on Broadview Avenue is scheduled to begin on July 24. The work will involve the replacement of the streetcar tracks at the Broadview and Gerrard intersection.
What to expect and work hours
- The Gerrard intersection is scheduled to close in all directions from 5 a.m. on Tuesday, July 24 to 6 a.m. on Saturday, September 8.
- Local vehicular traffic will be permitted up to the closure zone. Pedestrian access will be maintained around the closure, and cyclists are kindly asked to dismount and walk a short distance around the intersection.
- The first few days of construction are the most challenging, and involve breaking and removing concrete. The contractor is required to stop concrete breaking at 11 p.m. Removal of broken concrete, cleanup, and deliveries may continue past midnight.
- The rail installation phase of this project will involve periods of late evening and overnight work and extended weekend hours by TTC crews. Around-the-clock rail installation work is required to preserve the integrity and quality of new rail and concrete.
- Pre-assembled rail panels on flatbed trailers will be temporarily stored in the track allowance near the closure. Parking will be restricted in these areas.
- The rail panels help speed installation, thereby reducing the duration of construction and overnight work.
TTC service changes - 5 a.m. on July 24 to 6 a.m. on September 8
During the closure at Broadview and Gerrard, all buses will be restricted from entering the intersection.
504D/304B King (temporary bus route)
- Buses will operate from Broadview Station to King Street East at Parliament Street. Customers may transfer to 504 streetcars to continue their trip.
- Buses will operate via Broadview Avenue, Jack Layton Way, St. Matthews Road, Gerrard Street, River Street and Dundas Street East to regular route.
- Buses will divert both ways via Gerrard Street East, Logan Avenue, Dundas Street East, River Street and Gerrard Street East to regular route.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Track work: Niki Angelis, Community Liaison Officer, 416-894-0869; firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps or visit ttc.ca
Visit S.E.A.S. at 606 Gerrard Street East for information on the project.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service