Infrastructure improvements on The Queensway, Lake Shore Boulevard West and Humber Loop (Updated)
501/301 Queen streetcars replaced by buses between Roncesvalles Avenue and Long Branch Loop during work
The bus replacement service currently in place on the 501/301 Queen route west of Roncesvalles Avenue will continue into February 2018. A service update will be provided in early February 2018.
- 501/301 Queen streetcars are providing service on Queen Street between Sunnyside Loop and Neville Park Loop.
- 501L/301L Queen shuttle buses continue to operate between Dufferin Gate Loop and Long Branch Loop, via Queen Street, The Queensway, Windermere Avenue and Lake Shore Boulevard.
- 501M Queen will operate a clockwise service linking The Queensway with Lake Shore Boulevard, Marine Parade Drive, and Park Lawn Road.
TTC Service Changes
Ongoing route changes will occur during multiple road, track and bridge work on Queen Street, The Queensway and Lake Shore Boulevard, and improvements at Humber Loop.
Last updated December 4 2017, 7:32 AM
Overview of infrastructure improvement projects include affecting 501/301 route
- Bridge Rehabilitation - The Queensway Bridge over the Humber River,
- Track renewal on The Queensway from Parkside Drive to Humber Loop,
- Track replacement on Lake Shore Boulevard from Humber Loop to Dwight Avenue,
- Humber Loop Improvements: new accessible platforms, new shelters, new rails, roofing replacement, new electrical substation to protect the long term integrity of rails on Lake Shore Boulevard West.
The Queensway - Project Update
Track replacement and civil work on The Queensway will be completed by the end of December 2017. Overhead installation will continue into January 2018, weather permitting. Traffic lanes will be restored as track-related work is completed.
Lake Shore Boulevard West - Project Update
The City and TTC replaced streetcar tracks on Lake Shore Boulevard West from Dwight Avenue towards Humber Loop. Concrete work requiring a lane reduction in the track area between Brookers Lane and Humber Loop continues.
Remaining work into early 2018:
Construction of an underground electrical chamber will begin January 2018 for approximately seven weeks at the Lake Shore entrance/exit of Humber Loop.
Modifications to the streetcar platform on Lake Shore Boulevard West, just west of Humber Loop will also be conducted.
Humber Loop - Project Update
The work at Humber Loop is currently ongoing until late spring 2018. All work inside the Loop is weather dependent that can affect the return of streetcar service.
Humber Loop will be a major work zone area for various infrastructure improvements including:
- new streetcar tracks including new spur track
- accessible platforms
- new/wider pedestrian tunnel walkway
- new sub-station building and underground conduits for electric cables
- realignment of all existing overhead wiring in the loop and in the tunnel leading to Lake Shore Boulevard West
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit infrastructure in Toronto.
For information about transit service:
Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.)
For information during construction:
Diego Sinagoga - Community Liaison, 416-393-2197, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service