- What time does the subway start and end?
- The subway/RT hours of operation on weekdays and Saturdays are approximately 6:00am to 1:30am, and Sunday service approximately 9:00am to 1:30am.
- What time does the subway start on Holidays?
- On Christmas Day and New Year's Day the subway/RT starts at approximately 9:00am. Typically, Holiday service for buses and streetcars vary, see your route schedule on-line, or call Customer Information at 416-393-4636.
- How do I get a bus schedule for my route?
- You can access all route schedules from the TTC’s website. If you do not have an internet connection our Customer Information Representatives can mail a schedule out to you. Please call 416-393-4636 and press "0" to speak with a representative.
- Can I get to the Toronto Pearson International Airport on the TTC?
- Yes, the TTC provides four services to the Airport. The 192 Airport Rocket route provides all-day accessible express bus service from Kipling Station; the 58A Malton route provides all-day bus service from Lawrence West Station; the 300A Bloor-Danforth route provides overnight bus service from Warden Avenue, west along Danforth Avenue and Bloor Street to the Airport; and the 307 Eglinton West route provides overnight bus service from Yonge Street & Eglinton Avenue to the Airport. For details, see Service to Pearson International Airport.
- My bus is late, is it cancelled?
- Delays can happen during bad weather conditions or because of construction or traffic congestion. TTC currently offers customers the opportunity to subscribe and register with My TTC-eAlerts. My TTC e-Alerts are real-time email notices that keep you informed of all major subway and RT service disruptions. In addition, you can also follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/TTCnotices .
- Where can I learn more about Wheel-Trans?
- Wheel-Trans provides door-to-door, accessible transit service for persons with physical disabilities by using accessible buses, contracted accessible and sedan taxis.
- Visit Wheel-Trans Online Trip Booking , the quickest method to book, confirm or cancel your Wheel-Trans trips. For more information on Wheel-Trans, visit our Wheel-Trans page.
- Can I bring my dog, my pets, on the TTC?
- Leashed pets or pets secured in an enclosed container are welcome to travel on the TTC during weekends and weekday off-peak periods - that is before 6:30 a.m.; 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 pm; after 7:00 p.m.. A Service Animal may accompany a passenger at any time. See the TTC By-law, Section 3, for full details.
- Can I bring my bicycle on the TTC?
- On buses, you can use the bike racks any time of the day - see Bicycles for full details. During weekday peak periods, 6:30 am to 10:00 am; and 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm, bicycles and other large objects are not allowed on TTC vehicles. See the TTC By-law, Section 3.11, for full details.
- Why are vehicles delayed or bunched together on a line?
- At some point during the trip one of the vehicles has fallen behind schedule due to construction, an accident, traffic or the weather. This can cause bunching on the line if following vehicles catch up resulting in delays to service.
- What does short turn mean?
- When a vehicle is behind schedule, a decision is made by supervisory staff to make a service adjustment. Short turn means the vehicle will not continue to the end of the route but will be turned to travel in the opposite direction to balance service on the route.
- Why do vehicles operate slowly sometimes?
- All TTC vehicles must maintain a schedule. When a vehicle operates slowly or waits at a green light, you are actually earlier than you should be. Remember people waiting along the route are expecting the vehicle at a certain time.
- Why did the driver leave me behind?
- The operator services the stop and once the doors are closed and the vehicle is in motion on the roadway it is unsafe to stop again. Remember we must consider your personal safety our passengers personal safety and the other users of the road.
See where $11.50 can take you
The TTC Day Pass gives you unlimited one-day travel on all regular TTC services.
Get your Day Pass today
Connect with us
You can plan your trip, get up-to-the-minute service information, and know when the next vehicle will arrive at your stop with our online services.