Current news releases
TTC marks milestone of revitalized Union Station
July 2, 2015
Federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver and Provincial Tourism, Culture and Sport Minister Michael Coteau joined TTC Chair Josh Colle and TTC CEO Andy Byford to mark the completion of major renovations at the Toronto Transit Commission’s Union Station.
- TTC subway upgrades and maintenance this weekend
July 2, 2015 - There will be no subway service on Line 3 (Scarborough) this weekend - July 4-5 - as the Toronto Transit Commission conducts scheduled track work and maintenance.
- TTC budget committee meeting Monday
June 26, 2015 - The Toronto Transit Commission Board’s Budget Committee will meet on Monday
- TTC 504 King diversion this weekend for bridge work
June 25, 2015 - This weekend, the Toronto Transit Commission’s 504 King streetcar will be required to divert between Dufferin and Shaw Sts
- TTC 501 Queen streetcar to divert during MuchMusic Video Awards
June 19, 2015 - A section of Queen St. W. will be closed for the MuchMusic Video Awards
- TTC subway maintenance on Lines 2 and 3 this weekend
June 18, 2015 - This Saturday evening, there will be an early closure on a portion of Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) between St George and Pape stations. Also this Saturday, there will be no service on Line 3 (Scarborough).
- TTC, BAI Canada & WIND Mobile launch cellular service underground
June 17, 2015 - BAI Canada and the Toronto Transit Commission have signed on the TTC’s first cellular carrier, WIND Mobile, introducing cellular connectivity to Torontonians at underground subway stations.
- TTC and BAI Canada to make important announcement
June 16, 2015 - TTC and BAI Canada to make important announcement
- TTC introduces 10-minutes-or-better service on buses, streetcars
June 15, 2015 - Toronto Transit Commission Chair Josh Colle and TTC Deputy CEO Chris Upfold today announced major improvements to transit service in Toronto.
- Line 2 TTC subway track work Saturday; Emergency simulation Sunday
June 10, 2015 - This Sat., June 13, the Toronto Transit Commission is undertaking scheduled subway track replacement on a section of Line 2
- TTC statement on today’s subway service suspension
June 8, 2015 - This morning, shortly before the start of subway service, the Toronto Transit Commission experienced a failure of all communications systems
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.