Current news releases
TTC service changes starting Sept. 6
August 28, 2015
The TTC is increasing service and improving reliability on many bus and streetcar routes starting next month.
- TTC track and signal upgrade work on Line 1 this weekend
August 25, 2015 - This weekend, Aug. 29-30, there will be no subway service between St Clair West and Downsview stations on Line 1
- TTC marks 30 billion rides
August 24, 2015 - The TTC today officially marked 30 billion rides since it was established in 1921.
- TTC service to the CNE Veterans Ride Free on Warriors’ Day
August 20, 2015 - Starting tomorrow, August 21, the TTC will run extra service to the Canadian National Exhibition
- TTC subway musicians' auditions kick off tomorrow
August 20, 2015 -
- TTC track upgrade work on Line 2 this weekend
August 19, 2015 - This weekend, Aug. 22-23, there will be no subway service between Kipling and Jane stations on Line 2
- TTC Human Resources and Labour Relations committee meeting Thursday
August 18, 2015 - The TTC’s Human Resources and Labour Relations Committee will meet on Thurs., Aug. 20
- TTC testing talking buses for customers waiting at stops
August 17, 2015 - The TTC’s External Route Announcement trial will run until the end of 2015.
- Regular TTC train service resumes between St Clair West and Lawrence West stations on Line 1
August 16, 2015 - Toronto Hydro has completed its emergency equipment repairs ahead of schedule; regular train service resumes on Line 1
- TTC partial subway closure, streetcar diversion for emergency repairs
August 14, 2015 - This weekend, Toronto Hydro needs to make emergency repairs in the vicinity of the Eglinton West Station. The repairs will take approximately 10-12 hours and will necessitate a subway closure and late subway opening this Sunday on Line 1 between St Clair West and Lawrence West stations.
- Eighth new TTC streetcar enters service
August 11, 2015 - The TTC’s eighth new low-floor streetcar, car number 4409, is entering service
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.