Current news releases
VIBE Arts to showcase Children and Youth Groups Mural Project for NBA All-Star 2016
February 8, 2016
60 VIBE Arts basketball themed murals will be displayed at 31 subway stations across the system.
- TTC Audit and Risk Management committee meets Feb. 10
February 5, 2016 - The TTC’s next Audit and Risk Management Committee meeting is Feb. 10
- TTC 501/301 Queen on diversion this weekend
February 4, 2016 - This weekend, Feb. 6-7, the 501/301 Queen streetcar will be on diversion until 3 p.m. Sunday
- TTC unveils fourth annual Customer Charter
February 4, 2016 - The TTC today unveiled its 2016 Customer Charter with 35 time-bound commitments
- TTC's new and improved 2016 Ride Guides now available
February 2, 2016 - This week, the TTC releases a refreshed 2016 Ride Guide, Ride Guide Lite and a brand new wallet-sized Ride Guide 'mini.' Ride Guides and the new Ride Guide mini are available at all subway stations; the Ride Guide Lite is available on all buses, streetcars and subway trains.
- Fifteenth new TTC streetcar enters service
February 1, 2016 - The TTC’s newest low-floor streetcar, car number 4416, entered service on the 510 Spadina route
- Line 1 subway delay minutes down by 25%, TTC customer satisfaction all-time high of 81%
February 1, 2016 - Line 1 subway delay minutes down by 25%
- Three more TTC employees dismissed over benefits irregularities
January 29, 2016 - Three additional TTC employees have been dismissed as part of an ongoing internal investigation into an alleged benefits fraud
- TTC 506/306 Carlton and 505 Dundas streetcar service changes this weekend
January 27, 2016 - TTC 506/306 Carlton and 505 Dundas streetcar service changes this weekend
- TTC emergency work to affect Spadina streetcar
January 26, 2016 - The TTC will conduct emergency overhead wire work inside the Spadina Station streetcar tunnel on three consecutive early mornings
- Five new TTC express bus routes roll out this March
January 25, 2016 - Five new express bus routes will begin operating across the city this March, making it easier and quicker for TTC customers to get to where they need to go.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.