Current news releases
Man sentenced to jail, banned from subway for assaulting TTC employee
August 22, 2014
A 44-year-old man was sentenced to 45 days in jail and an 18-month ban from riding the subway for sexually assaulting a TTC transit ambassador.
- TTC subway signal upgrade and track work this weekend
August 20, 2014 - This weekend, on Saturday, August 23 and Sunday, August 24, there will be no service on Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) between Bloor and Eglinton stations due to signal upgrades and track work.
- TTC service to the CNE/Veterans Ride for Free on Warriors' Day
August 13, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission will be running extra buses and streetcars on all routes heading to the Canadian National Exhibition.
- No service from Union to St Andrew stations on TTC’s Line 1 this weekend
August 13, 2014 - This weekend, on Saturday, August 16 and Sunday, August 17, there will be no service between Union and St Andrew stations as TTC crews prepare for the opening of the Union Subway Station second platform on Monday, August 18.
- TTC service to the CNE/Veterans Ride for Free on Warriors’ Day
August 13, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission will be running extra buses and streetcars on all routes heading to the Canadian National Exhibition
- BAI Canada expands wireless connectivity to additional TTC subway stations, starting with Bay
August 12, 2014 - BAI Canada and the Toronto Transit Commission have brought wireless internet service to Bay Station as part of a broader plan to extend Wi-Fi and cellular capabilities to all underground subway stations.
- TTC photo ID no longer required for middle, secondary school students
August 11, 2014 - Starting Monday, September 1, the Toronto Transit Commission will no longer require middle school and high school students to carry TTC-issued photo ID when paying a discounted fare to travel on the TTC.
- TTC's 510 Spadina buses and 505 Dundas streetcars to resume regular routing
August 8, 2014 - On Tuesday, August 12, the Toronto Transit Commission will complete phase two of track work at Spadina Ave. and Dundas St., restoring 510 Spadina replacement bus and 505 Dundas streetcar service through the intersection.
- Full subway service resumes on TTC's Line 2
August 6, 2014 - Full subway service has resumed on Line 2 following an incident at Lansdowne Station.
- TTC’s Line 2 closed Keele to Ossington stations
August 6, 2014 - There is no subway service between Keele and Ossington stations on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) due to a personal injury at track level at Lansdowne Station.
- TTC to resume full subway service to St Clair West Station on Line 1 at noon
August 5, 2014 - The Toronto Transit Commission will restore full subway service to Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) at noon today.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.