TTC track and cable upgrades close portion of Line 2 this weekend
September 20, 2017
This weekend, Sept. 23-24, TTC track and cable upgrades will close Line 2 Bloor-Danforth between Kipling and Islington stations only. Shuttle buses will operate frequently and additional service will be added to the 192 Airport Rocket, which will stop at both Kipling and Islington stations throughout the weekend.
Wheel-Trans buses will operate from Kipling and Jane stations stopping at all stations in between for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with TTC staff at these stations to request the service.
Regular subway service resumes Monday at 6 a.m.
There are no planned subway closures for the next two weekends.
The next scheduled subway closures are:
- Oct 14-15 - Line 1 Yonge-University: St Clair to Lawrence for track work
- Oct. 21-22 - Line 1 Yonge-University: Sheppard West to St George for signal upgrades
- Oct 28-29 - Line 1 Yonge-University: St Clair to Lawrence for track work
Invictus Games Toronto 2017
From Sept. 23 to 30, Toronto will play host to the third installment of the Invictus Games. Several events associated with the Games will impact service for some TTC customers.
501 Queen will be on diversion both ways via Spadina Ave., King St. and Church St. as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 22 - 8:30 a.m to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 23 - 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 24 - 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 25 - 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
106 York University northbound will divert via The Pond Rd., Bus Roadway to the commons as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 24 - 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 - 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
6 Bay will divert via Yonge St. between Gerrard St. and Queen’s Quay E. for opening and closing ceremonies at the Air Canada Centre as follows:
- Saturday, Sept. 23 - 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 30 - 5-8 p.m.
The TTC advises customers to plan ahead using the TTC Trip Planner.
For details on all TTC route diversions, subscribe to eAlerts or follow @TTCnotices on Twitter for up-to-the-minute advisories. For additional information about upcoming closures and route diversions, customers should visit ttc.ca.
View all articles from September
ALL CLEAR: The delay northbound at Lawrence Station has cleared and subway service has resumed on Line 1.
Last updated 8:23 PM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.