Take the TTC to the Caribbean Carnival Grand Parade this Saturday
August 3, 2017
This Sat., Aug. 5, the TTC will provide increased service to customers attending the 50th annual Peeks Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grand Parade at Exhibition Place. As with all long weekends this summer, there are no planned subway closures.
There are several options for getting to Exhibition Place by TTC:
- 29 Dufferin/29E Dufferin Express bus southbound from Dufferin Station to Dufferin Gate Loop
- 63 Ossington bus southbound to Strachan Ave. and Liberty St. and walk 5-10 minutes
- 121 Fort York-Esplanade bus westbound (board bus at street level at Front and Bay Sts.) to Fort York Blvd. and Fleet St. and walk five minutes
- 193 Exhibition Rocket Express from Dundas West Station
- 504 King streetcar westbound from King or St Andrew stations to King St. W. and Strachan Ave. and walk 5-10 minutes
- 509 Harbourfront streetcars westbound from Union Station to Exhibition Loop
- 511 Bathurst streetcar southbound from Bathurst Station to Exhibition Loop
The following routes will divert for the parade:
- 510 Spadina route will turn back at Queens Quay Loop at Queens Quay and Spadina Ave.
- 514 Cherry route will turn back at Charlotte Loop at King St. W. and Charlotte St.
Customers can take advantage of the TTC Day Pass. For just $12.50, a TTC Day Pass provides unlimited one-day travel for a group of up to six people, maximum two adults and not more than four youths 19 years of age or under. Children 12 years of age or under ride free at all times. The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning. Group Passes can be purchased at any TTC collector booth or participating TTC fare agent.
Free parking is available at most TTC commuter lots on weekends. Visit ttc.ca for a complete list of participating lots.
View all articles from August
Elevator Alert: St Clair West Station, concourse to northbound platform, out of service.
Last updated 6:35 PM
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.