TTC streetcars return to 512 St Clair ahead of schedule
November 18, 2016
Streetcars will return to the 512 St Clair route this Sunday, Nov. 20, six weeks ahead of schedule.
Accessibility and infrastructure projects at St Clair and St Clair West stations and in the right-of-way began on June 19. The projects were required in preparation for the TTC’s new, low-floor accessible streetcars, and for general state-of-good-repair maintenance of the line.
Some highlights of the work completed over the last five months include:
- Reconstruction of streetcar loading platforms at St Clair Station
- Installation of PRESTO fare gates at St Clair and St Clair West stations
- Replacement of overhead wires inside streetcar loop at St Clair Station
- Upgrading of streetcar tracks and overhead wires at St Clair West Station
- Retrofitting a four-metre section of each passenger platform to ensure customers using mobility devices can easily board the new, low-floor streetcars.
- Placement of tactile strips on passenger platform for accessibility
The TTC thanks its customers and local businesses for their patience as we work to modernize the system. For more information on TTC Accessibility and Easier Access projects, visit the accessibility page.
View all articles from November
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.