TTC 501 Queen route converts to buses west of Roncesvalles for 2017
December 16, 2016
Starting Jan. 8, and throughout 2017, buses will replace streetcars on the portion of the 501 Queen route west of Roncesvalles Ave. to accommodate City of Toronto work on the Queensway Bridge, TTC streetcar track and overhead work, and the renewal of the Humber Loop.
In the first phase of the work streetcars will continue to operate between Neville Park Loop in the east and Roncesvalles Ave. in the west.
Two shuttle bus services will be introduced to augment service on the route:
- 501L/301L Queen - buses will operate between Dufferin Gate Loop and Long Branch Loop via Queen St. W., The Queensway, Windermere Ave. and Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- 501M Queen - a secondary bus service will operate to link The Queensway with Lake Shore Blvd. W., Marine Parade Dr. and Park Lawn Rd. These buses will not enter Humber Loop.
Customers needing to transfer to a bus can do so at any stop between Roncesvalles Ave. and Dufferin St. When using PRESTO, customers will not need to tap onto the second vehicle when boarding.
Highlights of the work that will be completed during this period are:
- Rehabilitation of the Queensway Bridge over the Humber River
- TTC track and overhead wire renewal on The Queensway from Parkside Dr. to Humber Loop
- TTC track and overhead wire renewal on Lake Shore Blvd. from Symons St. to Humber Loop
- Humber Loop improvements including new tracks, accessible streetcar platforms, new shelters, rebuilding of the tunnel walkway, roof replacement of the service building and new electrical substation
The TTC thanks its customers, local residents and businesses for their patience and understanding as the TTC and City invest in maintaining this critical infrastructure.
View all articles from December
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.