News for July 2015
TTC Human Resources and Labour Relations committee meeting Wednesday
July 31, 2015
The inaugural meeting of the TTC’s Human Resources and Labour Relations Committee will take place next Wed., Aug. 5
- TTC to provide extra service to Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival
July 30, 2015 - This Sat., Aug. 1, the TTC will provide additional service for customers attending the Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival parade
- TTC budget committee meeting Thursday
July 28, 2015 - The TTC Budget Committee will meet this Thursday to discuss the TTC's preliminary 2016 operating budget. The meeting is open to the public.
- Shorter wait times and less crowding on 33 off-peak TTC bus and streetcar routes coming this fall
July 27, 2015 - Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle today announced off-peak service improvements
- Notice to All TTC Employees
July 22, 2015 - The attached was issued today by TTC CEO Andy Byford to all TTC employees regarding an alleged benefits fraud and ensuing criminal charges that have been laid
- Early Sunday openings a highlight of TTC’s extended service for Pan Am
July 16, 2015 - On Sunday, July 19 and Sunday, July 26, subway service will begin at 6 a.m.
- WIND Mobile cellular service available now in all downtown TTC subway stations
July 13, 2015 - TTC customers with WIND Mobile cell service now have access to unlimited talk, text, and data services in 18 subway stations and platforms
- TTC ready to welcome the world to the Pan Am Games
July 9, 2015 - The TTC is ready and excited to welcome the world and keep Toronto moving during the 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
- TTC receives CUTA award for its Court Advocate program
July 8, 2015 - The TTC has won the Canadian Urban Transit Association’s (CUTA) 2015 Leadership Award for Safety and Security
- New TTC app for day, group passes
July 8, 2015 - TTC customers will now be able to purchase a day or group pass with their iOS and Android devices.
- TTC marks milestone of revitalized Union Station
July 2, 2015 - Federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver and Provincial Tourism, Culture and Sport Minister Michael Coteau joined TTC Chair Josh Colle and TTC CEO Andy Byford to mark the completion of major renovations at the Toronto Transit Commission’s Union Station.
- TTC subway upgrades and maintenance this weekend
July 2, 2015 - There will be no subway service on Line 3 (Scarborough) this weekend - July 4-5 - as the Toronto Transit Commission conducts scheduled track work and maintenance.
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.