TTC provides extra service to Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival
July 30, 2014
This Sat., Aug. 2, the Toronto Transit Commission will provide additional service for customers heading to the Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival parade.
Due to track construction on Queens Quay, streetcars on the 509 Harbourfront have been replaced with buses. Customers are encouraged to consider alternate routes to the parade, such as the 511 Bathurst, 29 Dufferin or the many special express bus routes that will service the parade.
Frequent buses and streetcars will operate to Exhibition Place and the parade route on Lake Shore Boulevard West, including:
• 511 Bathurst southbound from Bathurst Station to Exhibition Place
• 504 King from Dundas West Station to Sunnyside Loop on Queen St. W.
• 29 Dufferin southbound from Dufferin Station to Dufferin Loop
• Keele Station express bus to Parkside Drive/Lake Shore Blvd. W.
• Lansdowne Station express bus to Lake Shore Blvd. W. and Jameson Ave.
• 509 Harbourfront express bus from Union Station to Exhibition Place
As well, this weekend, use a TTC Day/Family Pass. For $11 a day, a TTC Day Pass provides unlimited one day travel for a group of up to six people, maximum two adults and not more than four children/youths 19 years of age or under. The pass is valid from the start of service until 5:30 a.m. the next morning.
Look for the TTC bus in the Grand Parade. This will be the fifth consecutive year that the TTC will be joining forces with former Toronto Raptor Jamaal Magloire and the Toronto Revellers marchers.
View all articles from July
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.